Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
While anniversary jewelry is a spectacular gift to receive, it can be an overwhelming venture for the one doing the giving. How can you encompass all of that romantic history and deeply rooted love with a single sparkling gift?
We'll show you.
This comprehensive guide will help you select the perfect anniversary jewelry by year, by material, or by type. Whether you're searching for romantic jewelry for her or for him, this guide will surely help you find it.
Anniversary Jewelry by Type
There are a handful of different jewelry types to choose from including earrings, rings, necklaces, and wristwear. Each category of jewelry can range from casual to formal, so it's important to determine the primary purpose of the piece before you begin browsing different designs.
If you'd like to give your partner something they can wear all the time, you may want to opt for a simple, lightweight design that complements their unique style. If you want to get an anniversary necklace for her that she can wear on formal occasions or romantic outings, choose a fancy piece of fine jewelry that she'll love to show off.
To help you make your decision, we've provided 10 romantic gift ideas in every category!
1. Anniversary Ring
An anniversary ring is a fine choice that you can customize with classic or trending design elements. For example, white and yellow gold are classic choices and rose gold is a trending pick. Anniversary rings come with various diamond sizes and designs to fit her unique style.
2. Gemstone Ring
For something a little more colorful, choose an encrusted ring that's set with the gemstones of your choosing. Whether it's emeralds or rubies, you can't go wrong with a lovely, feminine ring.
3. Birthstone Necklaces
Birthstones make for a simple and beautiful way to symbolize your union. Combine your birthstone with your partner's on the same necklace for a lovely gift.
4. Diamond NecklacesIf you'd like to get her something extra special, a statement piece that says, "love you", is a grand step above your typical greeting card. Go for an elegant, classic, or trendy diamond necklace.
5. Classic WatchWhether you're shopping for him or for her, you can never go wrong with a classic watch. The gold watch is designated as a first-year anniversary gift for both husband and wife, and you can make it extra special with a custom engraving on the back.
6. BraceletA bracelet that sparkles is sure to be adored by just about every woman and can easily become a new favorite accessory. Choose gemstones that match the color of her eyes to make it extra special. Another lovely choice is a diamond tennis bracelet, which is sure to please.
7. Gold Bracelet or Gold ChainFor a simple, but beautiful piece of anniversary jewelry, get your sweetheart a thin bracelet or chain crafted from gold, silver, copper, or any other type of quality metal. Another popular choice are bangle bracelets which come in a variety of metal types.
8. Diamond Stud EarringsA pair of diamond stud earrings is a timeless expression of love. This is one gift that is sure to make her feel like a million bucks every time she wears them.
9. Dangly EarringsIf you can't afford to splurge on a pair of real diamond earrings, get a lovely pair of dangly earrings that feature an alternative stone for a gift that's just as lovely. Hoop earrings are our favorite here at Daniel's Jewelers; they offer the appeal and attractive qualities of dangling earrings while maintaining a certain level of elegance.
10. Pearl JewelryIt's hard to go wrong with pearl jewelry. From necklaces to earrings, pearl jewelry represents and elegance that few other items can match. Get your loved one some pearls as an expression of your transcendent devotion.
Anniversary Gemstone ChartWith so many different types of jewelry and a myriad of gemstones and metals to choose from, picking just the right piece can certainly feel like a daunting task.
Fortunately, the pros have nixed any guesswork and designated certain metals and gemstones for different romantic milestones. Use the anniversary gemstone chart below to find which materials are right for your anniversary gift according to year.
Remember: Just because a 5-year anniversary calls for a sapphire, it doesn't mean you can't opt for something different. Nobody knows your sweetheart quite as you do, so if you'd like to step outside the standard anniversary gemstone chart recommendations, don't be afraid to trust your instincts.
Tips for Buying Romantic Jewelry for HerA quality piece of jewelry can cost a pretty penny, so this is one gift that warrants a good deal of time and thoughtful planning. Women can often be picky about their accessories and the last thing you want is to pay a large sum for a piece of jewelry that she appreciates but doesn't exactly like to wear.
To help you avoid this scenario, we've provided you with our best tips for buying romantic jewelry for her. If you follow these guidelines, you can rest assured knowing that you've made a wise purchase.
Complement Her StyleIf you're not quite sure how to compliment her unique style with a piece of jewelry, check out her current jewelry collection and take note of recurring gemstones, metals, and jewelry types. Pay attention to whether she prefers bold, fashion-forward accessories or simple, delicate pieces.
Choose Affordable AlternativesNot everyone has the money to spend on a genuine pair of diamond earrings or a sapphire pendant. If you're shopping on a budget, choose an alternative gemstone that is similar in appearance, but very different when it comes to dollars and cents.
Insure Your Anniversary JewelryInsuring your jewelry is always a wise move - especially when buying fine jewelry that's made of precious metals and sparkling jewels. You can insure your partner's jewelry against all odds (almost) and the cost of insurance can usually be packaged well with financing options.
Personalize the JewelryNowadays, jewelers make it easier than ever for you to customize and personalize jewelry in a number of different ways. You can engrave a quote, date, or sweet message on so many different types of jewelry to add sentimental value and make your gift all the more romantic.
Find Anniversary Jewelry at Daniel's JewelersWhether you're searching for a romantic necklace for her or a classic watch for him, you'll find exactly what you're looking for at Daniel's Jewelers. Check out our broad selection of rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and watches, for all those romantic milestones in your relationship.
Oh, and happy anniversary!