The Best Wedding Songs for Your Big Day
You’ve picked the perfect flowers, sublime table decorations, and a delicious cake you both love. Everything is set up for your big day, and now all you have to decide on is the music.
The music of your event can change the entire feel of it. Do you go with a band or DJ? And more importantly, what song do you pick for your first dance? This song is the one you’ll hear and think of 10 or 20 years from now.
Here are a few options for the best wedding music to add to your playlist and make for a romantic and memorable reception.
1. Marry You - Bruno MarsWhen it comes to wedding songs, this has become a classic. It’s a great song to dance to and is all about love and getting married. Pick this song as part of your playlist, especially if you want your reception to have a dance floor where people are mingling and enjoying themselves.
2. I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The DarknessIf you have a rock and roll soul and still want to share the love, this is a must-have for your wedding playlist. While there are other great rock ballads, this song lets your guests rock out with a song they know. Better yet, the lyrics will get everyone trying to hit the high notes as they sing along.
3. I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney HoustonBring back the 80’s with this pop classic. It has stood the test of time and is a great love song that all generations will enjoy.
4. Drunk in Love - Beyoncé ft. Jay-ZYou can never go wrong having a visit from Queen Bey on your wedding day. Paired with her husband, Jay-Z, the two of them are one of the most committed and long-lasting Hollywood couples out there.
5. Make You Feel My Love - AdeleDeciding to slow down your reception with a love song from Adele is never a bad choice. She is the undisputed queen of a romantic ballad. This song brings an emotional feeling to your wedding day playlist and shows you are willing to “go to the ends of this Earth for you” because of your love.
6. (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life - Bill Medley and Jennifer WarnesOf course, you can always try to reenact the infamous scene from Dirty Dancing, but more importantly, this song is a great love song duet.
7. My Best Friend - Tim McGrawFor more of a country feel to your playlist, you can always find great hits like this to add to your big day. This slow dance can give you the chance to mellow down your reception and give them a break from dancing the night away and enjoy the person next to them.
8. Your Song - Sir Elton JohnThis song is simple, straightforward, and from the heart, which makes it a perfect fit for every wedding playlist. With its cut down acoustic production of Elton John at his piano, it brings a raw feeling of love and connection every time it’s played.
9. At Last - Etta JamesWith just the first two words of this classic, it can pull any room back to a special moment in time. What better time to pull you back to than your special day and a memorable night?
10. I Will Always Love You - Whitney HoustonShe shows up twice on this list, but she deserves it. With one of the best voices in the world, this song lets her flex her vocal muscles, which always brings a bit of heat
Use Your Songs for Your DayUltimately, the best wedding songs are ones that you like. There’s no right or wrong song. As long as you both love it, it deserves a spot on your playlist. One of the most common topics of songs is love, which means you can find a good love song on almost any album in any genre. That can mean you can get some really random songs your great aunt might not recognize, but your wedding is your day. Own it, and play songs that speak to your love.
Once you have your playlist sorted out, you can worry about the perfect wedding ring for your big day with Daniel’s Jewelers. You’ll find exactly what you’re looking for with our wide selection of styles and settings.